Fenrir

Character sheet
    Name: Professor Oldrek Tar
    Class: Shadow Caster
    Race: Human

Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

Post by Fenrir on Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:38 am

Professor Oldrek Tar

"If not for the feline, the little Ifrit would be dust. Hardly seems fair." Standing from my seat I brush my self off from my fall and re-adjust my jacket. I direct my gaze towards the direction the tiger jumped from. A panicked Sylph stretches her arm out towards the beast, before muttering to herself. "Unfair, but likely unintentional. Seems like the Sylph should invest in a leash." I chuckle to myself before looking around the dive for a third time. "Where in the Hells are these dolts? I've been waiting in this pesh pit for far too long." The fight continues on, the advantage now held by the Ifrit.

Last edited by Fenrir on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sarvana

Character sheet
    Name: Sarvana Nassar
    Class: Hunter
    Race: Sylph

Post by Sarvana on Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:13 am

The crowds boomed as Ducae joined, though several onlookers seemed upset. Chances were they had bet on the Orc, though I don't think he would have been victorious anyway. I approached the railing and leaned against it, head resting in my palm. Duscae had seemed on edge after our arrival, possibly because he wasn't used to such large crowds of people, but most likely because this was the town I had rescued him from years ago.

"I didn't think he'd remeber this place," I said to myself. Though that trader most certainly made a mark on poor Dusky. Though to be fair, Tigers make terrible slaves, much too independent and proud.

I thought about joining the fray but it seemed that Duscae and the Ifrit had it under control.

Draded

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

Post by Draded on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:45 am

The orc struggles to rise, his body covered in a mixture of blood and sand. As Jelni's blade slips past the orcs defenses and sinks into the flesh of his chest, he smiles, and whispers something in a gutteral language.
    Jelni Oebdmin

Character sheet
    Name: Jelni Oebdmin
    Class: Swashbuckler
    Race: Ifrit

Post by Jelni Oebdmin on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:10 am

I pull thr blade out of his chest, and with a swift flick of my wrist drive it towards his skull.
    atk +9 dmg +5 (18-20/×2)
    Dice Rolls

Post by Dice Rolls on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:12 am

The member 'Jelni Oebdmin' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd20' : 11

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 3

Draded

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

Post by Draded on Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:55 am

Any last thoughts the orc might have had are silenced, his drug induced visions ended by 3 feet of enchanted steel. The crowd is silent, pesh smoke filling the air and magical lamplight highlighting the ring.
    Jelni Oebdmin

Character sheet

Post by Jelni Oebdmin on Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:38 pm

I withdraw my blade from the orcs skull slowly. Than looking at the crowd i throw my rapier in the air and yell in  flemmy ignan  "It will take more than that to take Jelni down!"
    Fenrir

Character sheet

Post by Fenrir on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:09 pm

Professor Oldrek Tar

"Jelni? More like Jelni and friend. The man was practically being strangled with his own horns. Still..." I stand from my seat and wade through the crowd, approaching the Ifrit. He was much taller in person, his wounds more pronounced. He had a professional stance about him, which seemed to betray his humble background. "Congratulations on keeping your life friend. Before you get to comfortable, however, there is something I would like to discuss with a man of your talents. Care to take a seat with me at my booth? Of course, if you are presently occupied...I can find another... more noble adventurer to aid me.
    Sarvana

Character sheet

Post by Sarvana on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:30 pm

Still leaning on the rails I crack a smile for the Ifrits spirit. Absentmindedly I grab the silent whistle tied around my neck and give a slight toot. Duscae's ears perk up, then lay back down with embarrassment. I descend into the arena stepping around pools of blood as Duscae walks sadly toward me. "What, you think you're in so much trouble you can't look at me?" As I speak I grab and stretch out his big cheeks, bringing his face to mine. Duscae quickly brings his eyes to mine, his big, dilated kitten eyes shining in his plea of "Please don't be mad". He know's I'm a suck for it.
    I cuff one of his ears and he pushes his massive head into my stomach, a growling purr resonating.

Draded

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

Post by Draded on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:41 pm

A fat, garishly dressed man approaches Jelni as men haul the massive orc out of the pit. He smiles, teeth yellow with tobacco and pesh stains. My friend, I believe we have some thing to talk about. Your reward is... this. He drops a small purse into your hands,  holding approximately 100 gold.
    He looks Oldrek up and down, squinting to see past the spectacles and garments.
    You keep strange company, gladiator. If you ever feel the need to test your blade again, you know where to find me, accent thick with the native Katapeshian accent. He then bows slightly, his ornate mustache swaying with the sudden movement, and makes his exit, leaving you alone.
    Jelni Oebdmin

Character sheet

Post by Jelni Oebdmin on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:58 pm

As the tubby makes his slow escape, I yell back at him
    "This is only 100 gold. You said I would be getting 150 gold? You try'n swindle me?"

Quickly I turn my head to the shorter man that approached me. I look the man in front of me up and down. It's quite hard to not notice the scars on his face, or are they deformities? the more I think about it, I'm not quite sure what the difference is between them. Didn't learn this stuff back on the farm.
    "Let me deal with this first sir an ill be all for discuss'n with ya. As long as you pay for my drink."

I turn my gaze back to the man.This better not have been b'cause of that cat." as I gesture towards the sylph and her tiger."He barely put a dent in the orc. It may have looked like I was lose'n but I was just make'n it suspenseful. The man lost the second he walked into the ring with Jelni here!" I take a proud stance, putting my hands on my hips. I sneakily wink towards the tiger and the sylph
    Jelni Oebdmin

Character sheet

Post by Jelni Oebdmin on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:00 pm

Dip + 2
    Dice Rolls

Post by Dice Rolls on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:00 pm

The member 'Jelni Oebdmin' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 18

Draded

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

Post by Draded on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:03 pm

The man sighs, and begins sifting through his robes, eventually retrieving a smaller pouch, with an additional 50 gold inside. I hope you'll come back, close matches are good for business, my friend He winks, and swiftly shoulders his way through the crowd, who have calmed considerably and are drawn back to their chosen vices
    Jelni Oebdmin

Character sheet

Post by Jelni Oebdmin on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:11 pm

I look back to the shorter man in front of me. I extend my hand towards him
    "Jelni Oebdmin, Adventurer for hire!" I look back towards the sylph and her tiger. Would it be alright if I invited the lass behind me, along with her furry friend? I would like to buy them somethin to drink as a thank ya. That is assuming she wouldn't mind tagging along." I say as I wink.
    Fenrir

Character sheet

Post by Fenrir on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:22 pm

Professor Oldrek Tar

"Oh but of course!" I give a wry smile as I put a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Do not keep a woman waiting, especially one you owe so much to. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, friend. Please, when you are ready, join me at my booth." With a wave of my hand I direct him to the back of the Dragon's Lung, where I have reserved a private seat.
    "I wait with baited breath." With a bow I chuckle and throw my cloak over my left shoulder, readjusting my spectacles and taking my seat, pouring a second glass of tea for my invited guest, making sure to replace the cup that fell over earlier.
    Jelni Oebdmin

Character sheet

Post by Jelni Oebdmin on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:41 pm

I quickly readjust my coat and gloves before I turn towards the sylph behind me and address her."Excuse me miss. The name is Jelni Oebdmin, adventurer for hire. Could I treat both you and your little companion to some drinks with my...friend and I? It is the least I can do." I gesture towards the booth that the man had taken.
    Sarvana

Character sheet

Post by Sarvana on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:48 pm

I didn't hear the Ifrit's questions, I was intently staring him down trying to think of what to ask him. What was dads name? It started with an R, right? Or was it an M? Meanwhile Duscae tilted his head slightly bewildered, then seemed to puff out his chest a bit. He didn't like being called little, the only person he let call him that was Mama, and that's only because he was afraid to sass her. Duscae was wise beyond his years. I finally snapped back a few seconds later, noticing the Ifrit had asked a question. What was it, drinks? Drinks are good.
    "Oh, yeah, sure. Lets do that. That thing you just asked me to do. I'm fine with that." Duscae gave me a very unimpressed look.

And after an odd smile, the Ifrit led Duscae and I up into the booth.

Draded

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

Post by Draded on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:54 pm

The booth is dark and conceals any sitting within by a screen, by design. The tea pot, worn thin by years of use, hold a dark, steaming team, overkill in the oppressive heat of the drug den. The tea is sweeter than the tea generally available in Nex, with an undercutting bitterness
    Fenrir

Character sheet

Post by Fenrir on Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:29 am

Professor Oldrek Tar

Taking a sip of my tea I clasp my hands together and look at the two before me. The ifrit seems eager to hear what I have to say, but the sylph is...absent minded. No matter. "Jelni is it?" I extend a white gloved hand to shake his. Its firm and callused. A commoners hand shake no doubt. "You seem to know your way around a blade, I respect that. I must let you know, I am not from around these parts, and a man as above the rest such as myself is an easy target for brigands. I wish to ask you for your aid. I am scheduled to meet a Pactmaster tonight, and I would enjoy having someone..." They seem uninterested...perhaps if I embellish the story for the adventuring wayfarer. "Y-you see, they have given me an important quest, and I seek...allies! Allies to aid me with what the Pactmasters would want of me...which is surely important, yes! So erm...a quest of..worthy stature should be undertaken by those of equally worthy stature! Like the three of us! Isnt that right?"

Nailed it.
    Jelni Oebdmin

Character sheet

Post by Jelni Oebdmin on Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:41 am

I look at the man awkwardly. Turning my head to the side. I begin to think. After a couple of awkard minutes I finally speak."You know Ive been thinking. This all sounds great and all. But I have a few questions as im a smart adventurer and all. First how much would I get paid. Second, I never got your name, could you repeat it? And finally. How big of an adventure is this gonna be.". Satisfied with my questions, I look sternly at the person in front of me. Oh yeah Jelni. You are a smart one. Beat adventurer around!
    Sarvana

Character sheet

Post by Sarvana on Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:59 am

I stared intently at my tea, watching the steam gently rise. If I went on this so called adventure how would I find my dad? At the same time, if it paid decently maybe I could hire somebody to look for him.... It would really help if I could remember his name.
    "What do you think Duscae?" I looked into his big round eyes as I offered him my tea cup. He smelled it and with a great huff, sneezed into the cup. I looked at the cup for a moment before reaching out my arm and emptying it just outside the booth.
    "He said sure." I looked the strange man in the eyes... eye? Face."But he does have some reserves. Just as Mr. Jelli said, you haven't said your name. I think.

Draded

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

Post by Draded on Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:10 am

A great boom shakes the den, rattling the fragile tea pot off the table to shatter on the floor. In the distance, the unmistakable sound of battle can be discerned over the sound of the tenants of the Dragon Lung promptly fleeing, leaving few inside.
    Fenrir

Character sheet

Post by Fenrir on Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:24 am

Professor Oldrek Tar

"But of course! Where are my manners?" Inside my book bag I withdraw a large tome, placing it on the table and resting my finger at the bottom of the book. It texts reads "Umbral Depths: A Treatise on Eldritch Magic, by Doctor Oldrek Tar."
    "I am but the most prominent scholar at Nex's prestigious school! You..can read that right? Bah, whatever. Doctor and professor Oldrek Tar! The titles are optional of course in this...setting. I cant expect those from around these parts to be formal and civil can I? So I suppose Oldrek will have to do, and don't you fret about gold coins! I am being employed by the Pact Masters! Surely you know who they are? You did attend elementary school in the area right? No? Well, they run this city, and they run it very well. Katapesh was a waste before they arrived, and now it thrives! Surely that takes equal parts coin as it does wit and tact. If you work with me, and for them, they'll likely give us more than gold! Your services will be needed, no doubt! I need fighters to be fighting inste- erm... alongside me, while I sit at a distance naturally. I am no strong man, this you must know from my grandiose and delicate figure. But a scholar of magic my age knows plenty tricks. Why, we can be like the tales of old! They always have fighters, mages, and thieves in them! Think of yourselves as characters in the tales of Cedric Almar DeCor's , 'The Blades Bond!' Or even the high tales of the seas, Alice Min's 'Swashbucklers Paradise!' Apotheo Manta's 'Wands, Warriors, and Wits!' We can be legend! Ill be sure to record the details as well. I guess what im saying is...work with me, get your gold, and ill publish the work to regai--erm, re-enforce my position in Nex!

A large boom shakes the Dragon's Lung as tenants begin to run outside. "Gods, what now?" I stand and take a look outside. "What?! But...friends, we must make haste! We can discuss details another time!

Last edited by Fenrir on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:13 am