Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

Post by Draded on Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:19 am

Chuffy
    -----
    The Oiler District is in disrepair, roads cracking in many places and great black clouds of smoke wafting through the air. A drunken human had mentioned the presence of a holy man in the slums, one who could heal the sick with a touch of his hands.
    The poor and the destitute pass, hands stained black with their work and eyes dull with exhaustion. Some give you strange looks as you make your way through a hell of twisting legs, mud and the stink of oil.

Ventraux
    Admin

Character sheet
    Name: Chuffy the Gobslinger
    Class: Gungineer
    Race: Goblin

Post by Ventraux on Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:46 pm

I twists and turn as my short legs try to navigate their way through the crowd of dirty men, their rickety limbs hardly carrying them. I do my best to ignore the strange looks, holding my head high (well... as high as I can) doing my best to appear that I belong here.

I learned long ago that to appear as if you don't belong, or to attempt to remain unseen, is to place yourself center stage. Much better to hold a high head, and let them think Chuffy some Great Man's experiment... a trained monkey of sorts... I digress, I'm here with far greater purpose.

Stopping to scratch my chin I mumble to myself, "Maybe... Chuffy find higher ground... then Chuffy better able to find this mystic..." Glancing about the buildings that line the road I spot one that may just suit my purpose. Moving to the building I crack my knuckles, check that tick-tock is securely tucked away, and begin to skitter up the wall of rotting wood and rusted metal, years of mountain living making me quite adept at climbing. (Roll+10)
    Dice Rolls

Post by Dice Rolls on Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:46 pm

The member 'Ventraux' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 2
    Ventraux
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ventraux on Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:49 pm

I begins to climb for about 10 feet before a piece of rooting wood had taken its last, and shattered under my weight sending me falling to the ground. Rather than landing with a resounding thud as one might expect I bounce 3 feet of the ground before coming back down again and landing with the more expected and familiar thud

Draded

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

Post by Draded on Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:04 pm

Darious
    ---- Your time in the slums has been trying, spending time healing the sick and keeping watch for thieves and other law breakers. But you have no idea what to make of the goblin attempting to climb the wall of a 15 foot building, with what appears to be a gun far too massive for him to realistically fire, and a short handled boarding axe which seems to shimmer in the light with a strange grace

Draded

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

Post by Draded on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:20 pm

Chuffy
    ---- Upon hitting the ground, you notice a huge human in strange, paneled armor, polished to a shine and inlaid with religious iconography. His shield is only dwarfed by the man himself, towering over you at 6.5. He stands, a direct contrast to the human tragedy around him
    Ventraux
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ventraux on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:48 pm

From the ground the Paladin shines as a beacon among the the soot and oil stained bodies of the Oiler district's more permanent residents

"How in Hadregash's Hell did Chuffy miss 'im?" I grumble to myself, standing. "Not exactly the mystic Chuffy expected, but 'e sure stands out... and likely knows much of the heavens. Chuffy should ask 'im if he knows of any seers..." I continue to grumble as I make my way to my bare feat, and begin to approach the holy man.
    WarSpiritPanda

Character sheet
    Name: Darius
    Class: Palidan
    Race: Human

Post by WarSpiritPanda on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:13 am

I stand before the goblin, a fire in my eyes brighter than the sun as I place a hand on my blade. As the goblin walks closer stillI release the sword from the sheath and raise it above my head. In a loud voice that echoes through the streets with such severity that passerbyers stare in awe I shout "BLESS THIS BLADE AND MAKE IT STRIKE SWIFTLY AND BANISH THIS CREATURE OF DARCKNESS FROM OUR WORLD" I bring the blade down and pull my shield close as I run at the goblin.

Draded

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

Post by Draded on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:46 am

A bone rattling boom emanates from below the earth, knocking Darious off his path, shaking dust from the nearby buildings. The explosion is followed by a distance, indistinct noise

Draded

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

Post by Draded on Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:19 am

Workers begin to flee, pounding feet joined by screams of fear. All the commotion has raised thick clouds of dust,  streaked by beams of sunlight, and bodies can be seen in the chaos here and there. Darious's blade glints in the light, edge pick marked by use, blade forever darkened  by blood. The indistinct noise is louder now, and... rythymic?
    Ventraux
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Ventraux on Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:31 am

I take this momentary distraction to make a run for it, bolting in the direction of the sound, "Chuffy not like other Gobos Mr Paladin sir! Follow and maybe Chuffy prove it to you."
    WarSpiritPanda

Character sheet
    Name: Darius
    Class: Palidan

Post by WarSpiritPanda on Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:02 am

I raise a hand toward the goblin and you can see my face turn from anger to a more puzzled and concerned look. "Your kind have always been a plague of darkness over this world. Why should I stay my hand and allow you to live?" I still hold my shield close but I slowy approach to the goblin, walking through groups of citizens as if I have forgotten their existance

Draded

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

Post by Draded on Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:53 am

Chuffy begins to scamper through the crowd, but is hindered by the horde of panicking people, all set on getting as far away from that noise as possible. Alarm bells begin to sound throughout the city, a counterbeat to the pounding rythym getting closer, and closer. The press of bodies makes the street difficult to traverse for both Chuffy and Darius

Draded

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

Post by Draded on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:37 pm

As the crowds begin to thin, you find yourselves in a courtyard, cracked stonework beneath your feet and dust swirling through the air. The air here, so near to the oil pits, is thick with smoke and leaves a foul taste. Alarm bells pound out a pealing cry as the steady rhythm of what can only be war drums shakes the earth. Buildings surround the courtyard, worn down stone houses between 15-25 ft high, faded statues of strange gods and monsters adorning the precipices of each.

Draded

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

Post by Draded on Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:38 pm

Meanwhile, in the Dragons Lung..
    The explosion has given way to a dull thumping,barely audible. The patron have gathered their illicit substances and fled, leaving the Dragons Lung relatively empty, light drifting through the haze from the still swinging doorway
    Fenrir

Character sheet
    Name: Professor Oldrek Tar
    Class: Shadow Caster

Post by Fenrir on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:11 am

Professor Oldrek Tar

With haste I make my way to a nearby window, looking to the streets to try to make sense of the commotion. Do I see anything which can be the main cause of these loud booms in the streets? As I look I scan my mind for any tales I may have read in the past regarding such 'drumming' in the bazaars of Katapesh.

Knowledge Local roll: 1d20 + 13
    Dice Rolls

Post by Dice Rolls on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:11 am

The member 'Fenrir' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 9

Draded

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

Post by Draded on Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:13 am

You remember reading news of the gnoll siege of Solku ten years ago, in which an entire order of paladins were slain repelling the invaders. They were famous for their massive booming war drums, and their extremely crafty siege techniques. From your knowledge, and the black smoke wafting from that direction, you can discern that the booming is coming from the Oiler District
    Fenrir

Character sheet

Post by Fenrir on Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:19 am

Professor Oldrek Tar

"Gnolls? Here? Surely forces in the city will respond, right? Gods, I had best make haste..." I turn to Jelni and Salvara with a worried expression and remove my spectacles to wipe my brow. "This is not good you two. If memory serves, these are the drums of a gnoll tribe, the very same tribe that has succeeded in raiding cities just like this one! Now, i'm not fond of the heat of cauldrons and the blades of crude tools, so...shall we, as the young say, get the fuck out of here?!
    Jelni Oebdmin

Character sheet
    Name: Jelni Oebdmin
    Class: Swashbuckler
    Race: Ifrit

Post by Jelni Oebdmin on Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:43 am

I stand up and brush myself off. I look at Oldrek with a confused look on my face. "Gnolls? Ya mean the little mut lookin things? The only trouble I ever seen them cause is stealin my families damn cows! All we ever did was chase them away with a pitchfork. Little cowards they are." I stand up and walk to Oldrek."But you are the one with the job offer'n. So I aint gonna be argueing with you.You lead the way Mr. Doctor Teacher Oldrek sir." I say as I smile a large toothy grin.
    Fenrir

Character sheet

Post by Fenrir on Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:56 am

Professor Oldrek Tar

I exit the Dragon's Lung with Jelni and attempt to make my way towards the Guild Hall of Katapesh, hoping to find refuge as well as a connection to my summon to the city. I push through the crowd and make sure Jelni follows suit, glancing back at him every now and then. The gnolls have the city in a panic and it would be easy to lose one another.
    Sarvana

Character sheet
    Name: Sarvana Nassar
    Class: Hunter
    Race: Sylph

Post by Sarvana on Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:23 am

I dropped into a crouch as the tremors began, arm around Duscae as he tensed up. Both eyes sharp, we followed close to funny face man.

Draded

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

Post by Draded on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:31 am

You exit the Dragons Lung, where peasants are moving away from the drumming on foot, and rich folk are... carried by the peasants. All seem desperate to escape, except for a small contingent of heavily armored knights bearing holy symbols on their armor, moving in unison towards the noise
    Fenrir

Character sheet

Post by Fenrir on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:13 pm

Professor Oldrek Tar

Noticing the armed guards I feel a bit of relief, but still continue forward as I find my way towards the Guild Hall.
    Fenrir

Character sheet

Post by Fenrir on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:22 pm

Knowledge Local + 13

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:15 am