A Play by Post RPG Forum for me and my friends


    Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Share
    avatar
    Dice Rolls

    Posts : 25
    Join date : 2015-07-29

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Dice Rolls on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:22 pm

    The member 'Fenrir' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

    'd20' : 6

    Draded

    Posts : 44
    Join date : 2015-07-29
    Age : 22

    Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Draded on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:37 pm

    You lead your companions through the dust ridden, abandoned streets of Solku, nothing heard now but for the pounding of drums. Passing through a courtyard near the oiler district, you barely notice... a goblin, standing in the middle of the square, the sounds of drums all around.
    avatar
    Ventraux
    Admin

    Posts : 23
    Join date : 2015-07-28

    Character sheet
    Name: Chuffy the Gobslinger
    Class: Gungineer
    Race: Goblin

    Chuffy the Gobslinger

    Post by Ventraux on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:56 pm

    Chuffy glances over his shoulder at the tall human dressed in ornate holy armour, his firearm still slung over his shoulder, not making any move to go for it, not wanting to upset the paladin more. Chuffy looks about for a moment while backing away slowly from the paladin, "Chuffy not know how to prove it to yeh ser, but Chuffy a good gobo, and Chuffy say that if you give Chuffy chance then you be happy you did. Chuffy not enemy, and if you not hurt Chuffy you see that he want to help people." Chuffy motions to the crowds of people running from the sounds of drums. "These people running from real evil. Let us stop it."
    avatar
    Fenrir

    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2015-07-29

    Character sheet
    Name: Professor Oldrek Tar
    Class: Shadow Caster
    Race: Human

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Fenrir on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:40 pm

    Professor Oldrek Tar

    "A goblin and a holy man walk into a bar..." I notice the two figures standing almost outlined by the sun in the center of the square. Seperate from the chaos, they stand strong, in their own world as the city panics around them, gleeful and stalwart as if in ignorance or...courage?

    I continue to run through the square, and make my way past the tw- I dont think im going anywhere. Why run from this when I cant even run from myself? Pathetic Oldrek, here we see two creatures, hume and sworn enemy by accident of upbringing and you cannot even lift a finger to help them? Not a word in your entire vocabulary to help the situation? A lowly scholar playing the part of scion.
    "Gods...not...now! Grghh..." My...arm shakes an-and...I cannot seem to see straight. It's happening, he is...coming through again...like he did with all the rest.
    You cannot hide from me boy! You cannot hide from yourself. You are weak! The word surges through my body, sending lightning pain into my muscles as I crumble into a heap. As the dying leaves fall from the tree, or the cigarette paper burns and coils in the flame, my overcoat flakes off of my person, revealing the bandaged flesh underneath, the white blood stained linen wrapped tightly around my pale arms and chest. The watch on my wrist moves forward with such great speed, seconds are minutes, and hours are years. I can see the memories of another flow through me.  

    I stand, with my hair now completely white  
    And both eyes black as umbral night,
    A new conviction inside my heart
    To take control, and reign the dark.
    My body is empty, a shadow looms.
    The stench of the dead and necrotic tombs
    Permeates my sunken self.
    A dead man in the shoes of a noble,
    A hollow man looking to repent.

    I gaze to the goblin and the paladin, shadowy mist seeping from my eyes, pale skin baring carvings, wards in the eldritch tongue that pulsate with an unholy fire. This is what im talking about! You cannot function without me Oldrek...you cannot even stand on your own! Use me, use our combined strength, and let us end this siege!

    "The two of you plan to aid the defence? Consider yourself allied with the three of us. I ignite a dark blue flame in my left hand. "As the little one said...they run from real evil. Let us quell this evil with our combined power."
    avatar
    Jelni Oebdmin

    Posts : 28
    Join date : 2015-07-28

    Character sheet
    Name: Jelni Oebdmin
    Class: Swashbuckler
    Race: Ifrit

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Jelni Oebdmin on Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:49 pm

    I stagger back at the sign of the small creature. I have seen them before back on the farm, but I never thought they could talk! I'm learning something new every minute here.  I glance over at Oldrek with a sense of wonder. I have never seen anything even remotely close to this at home.  Is this what it means to adventure? I like it! "I am not quite sure what's goin on here,  but not to fear!  Jelni the seasoned adventurer is here! "
    I withdraw my rapier from its scabbard and reattach my buckler to my arm. Getting overly excited I yell.
    "Good thing I warmed myself up with that dammed orc! Lead the way!"
    avatar
    Fenrir

    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2015-07-29

    Character sheet
    Name: Professor Oldrek Tar
    Class: Shadow Caster
    Race: Human

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Fenrir on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:07 am

    Professor Oldrek Tar

    I signal to Jelni, and begin to make my way towards the front line. I pray the others follow, but my new found conviction shows no fear. I press on, and would do so alone or with an army. Any evil, all evil, no matter how small, is to be destroyed.

    Draded

    Posts : 44
    Join date : 2015-07-29
    Age : 22

    Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Draded on Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:02 am

    The booming grows louder, but indistinct in direction now, and muted, shaking the dust from eldritch statues of strange gods. The sunlight streaks through the clearing dust clouds, illuminating the square. The architecture around the square is rife with intricities, making climbing easy enough. A wagon, abandoned in the fleeing, sits in the middle, cargo strewn about, indiscernable from a distance. You hear screams and the sound of battle, silenced swiftly. Whatevers coming is drawn closer.
    avatar
    Fenrir

    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2015-07-29

    Character sheet
    Name: Professor Oldrek Tar
    Class: Shadow Caster
    Race: Human

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Fenrir on Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:01 pm

    Professor Oldrek Tar

    I ready myself, placing a firm foot into the sand and opening my tome, the pages flipping themselves to find the central contents of the grimoire.
    avatar
    Jelni Oebdmin

    Posts : 28
    Join date : 2015-07-28

    Character sheet
    Name: Jelni Oebdmin
    Class: Swashbuckler
    Race: Ifrit

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Jelni Oebdmin on Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:30 pm

    I take up my stance, placing my rapier forward, readying myself to lunge at any point. I glance back at the others, and then at Oldrek. My arm begins to shake slightly, and I take on a huge, toothy grin."This is the rush I was look'n for"

    When It comes to whats evil and good and such. I generally find myself struggling to see the difference. I mean, whats good to me could be bad for others. Whats to say that what is good for the "bad" is wrong? I can sympathize for both sides. But in this situation, I have an obligation, and that obligation is money.

    I glance back at Oldrek, the goblin, the armored man, and the sylph. I think we can hold ourselves quite well. I mean, look at the armored man, he is huge! And the goblin? That contraption he has is way to large for him. I wonder what it does?
    Not to mention the blue flame coming from Oldrek's hand. I have never seen magic before, and I already know that this man is going to be able to do some spectacular things, even if he is a little... odd.
    Finally there is the sylph. She still hasn't said much so I hope she is going to be alright. If she managed to train that large animal, then she should be good. right?

    I take another step forward, still readied. I better show this Oldrek guy how good of a fighter I really am If I want to make some good money and have a real adventure.
    avatar
    Jelni Oebdmin

    Posts : 28
    Join date : 2015-07-28

    Character sheet
    Name: Jelni Oebdmin
    Class: Swashbuckler
    Race: Ifrit

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Jelni Oebdmin on Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:47 pm

    I scan the distance looking for signs of movement.
    Perception +2
    avatar
    Dice Rolls

    Posts : 25
    Join date : 2015-07-29

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Dice Rolls on Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:47 pm

    The member 'Jelni Oebdmin' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

    'd20' : 17
    avatar
    WarSpiritPanda

    Posts : 4
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    Character sheet
    Name: Darius
    Class: Palidan
    Race: Human

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by WarSpiritPanda on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:15 am

    Darius stands towering over the tiny goblin and with his words he lets out a small grin. "Aye then if your intentions are pure and your aim is sharp....lets cleanse this city of whatever evil stands at its gates..." Darius turns his attention from the goblin and steps in to the middle of the road....he begins to slam his sword off his shields letting out a roar so loud that it shakes the shutters from surrounding homes.

    Darius picks his feet from the ground and takes off in a gallop...stopping once to turn calling back "My little green friend...what are you waiting for?"

    Draded

    Posts : 44
    Join date : 2015-07-29
    Age : 22

    Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Draded on Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:25 am

    Jelni is the only one who understands what's happening as the road ruptures, hurling slabs of stone into the air with a huge explosion, throwing Darius off his feet and through the air before slamming him against the wagon, relatively unharmed thanks to his multiple layers of protection. Dust fills the air, the square suddenly silent. The dust hangs in air, still..until single cry of a deep, gutteral voice bellows through the air, and the dust begins to whirl. The sounds of many feet and voices buffets you as the horde advances on you, stinking of sweat and oil.
    avatar
    Jelni Oebdmin

    Posts : 28
    Join date : 2015-07-28

    Character sheet
    Name: Jelni Oebdmin
    Class: Swashbuckler
    Race: Ifrit

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Jelni Oebdmin on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:31 am

    I get ready to run to the large man before noticing the stench of oil. I stop and yell to him"large man, Get back they have oil!"
    Then I turn to Oldrek and the rest with a crazy look in my eyes."I aint sure how magic works an such. But I know that oil and fire make a big mess. Can someone make fire on them or somehing?"
    avatar
    Fenrir

    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2015-07-29

    Character sheet
    Name: Professor Oldrek Tar
    Class: Shadow Caster
    Race: Human

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Fenrir on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:23 pm

    Perception roll to over hear the oil comment

    1d20 + 6
    avatar
    Dice Rolls

    Posts : 25
    Join date : 2015-07-29

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Dice Rolls on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:23 pm

    The member 'Fenrir' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

    'd20' : 3
    avatar
    Sarvana

    Posts : 16
    Join date : 2015-07-29

    Character sheet
    Name: Sarvana Nassar
    Class: Hunter
    Race: Sylph

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Sarvana on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:26 pm

    As the explosion rocked the earth Duscae and I huddled together, wind blasting up around me to protect us from stray debris. Standing, I raised my bow, ready to fire as soon as I saw the beasts.
    What had he called out, If somebody could make fire? Didn't funny face man erupt into magical fire not 2 minutes before? It must have taken a bit out of him though, his hair all went grey.
    Duscae crouched, readying himself to spring, snarling toward the scent of the beasts.

    Draded

    Posts : 44
    Join date : 2015-07-29
    Age : 22

    Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Race:

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Draded on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:31 pm

    The call of the gnolls is loud and gutteral, with something... bigger, deeper, in the background. You see the first of them, small, hyena like creatures, armor a patchwork of steel plates and leather strips. They carry spears and crossbows, and call out for war, shrill with frantic excitement.

    Roll initiative
    avatar
    Fenrir

    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2015-07-29

    Character sheet
    Name: Professor Oldrek Tar
    Class: Shadow Caster
    Race: Human

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Fenrir on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:41 pm

    Initiative Roll + 5
    avatar
    Dice Rolls

    Posts : 25
    Join date : 2015-07-29

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Dice Rolls on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:41 pm

    The member 'Fenrir' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

    'd20' : 2
    avatar
    Sarvana

    Posts : 16
    Join date : 2015-07-29

    Character sheet
    Name: Sarvana Nassar
    Class: Hunter
    Race: Sylph

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Sarvana on Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:16 pm

    Sarvana +3
    Duscae +4
    avatar
    Dice Rolls

    Posts : 25
    Join date : 2015-07-29

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Dice Rolls on Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:16 pm

    The member 'Sarvana' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

    #1 'd20' : 12

    --------------------------------

    #2 'd20' : 20
    avatar
    Jelni Oebdmin

    Posts : 28
    Join date : 2015-07-28

    Character sheet
    Name: Jelni Oebdmin
    Class: Swashbuckler
    Race: Ifrit

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Jelni Oebdmin on Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:25 pm

    Initiative +7
    avatar
    Dice Rolls

    Posts : 25
    Join date : 2015-07-29

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Dice Rolls on Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:25 pm

    The member 'Jelni Oebdmin' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

    'd20' : 17
    avatar
    Ventraux
    Admin

    Posts : 23
    Join date : 2015-07-28

    Character sheet
    Name: Chuffy the Gobslinger
    Class: Gungineer
    Race: Goblin

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Ventraux on Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:00 pm

    Chuffy lets out a small schreeach of... glee? As he unstraps his oversized firearm from his back and shows a toothy grin.

    "Gnolls, Gnolls, stinkin Gnolls,
    They come here with pointy polls,
    Don't be so eager, relinquish yer glee,
    for you have not faced anyone like Chuffy"


    Initiative +6

    Sponsored content

    Re: Sands of Time IC Chapter 1:Shadowpuppets

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:14 am